Monday, September 24, 2012

Master's International student to speak about life in Honduras

Benjamin Rance in a classroom in Honduras.

Benjamin Rance, a SNRAS Master's International student, will present a talk Friday, Sept. 28 about his experiences serving in the Peace Corps in Honduras.

"I will describe and present my Peace Corps service in Honduras as a graduate student at UAF as it relates to the overall goals of the Master's International Program, the goals of Peace Corps and my own personal goals in life," Rance said. "I will give a brief description of the Master's International Program followed by an in-depth presentation of my Peace Corps service. Finally, the incorporation of my Peace Corps service into my graduate studies at UAF will be presented and there will be time for questions and general discussion on international community development."

The event is at 1 p.m. Friday in the International Arctic Research Center, room 401.

Further reading:

Report from Honduras: SNRAS student in Peace Corps, SNRAS Science & News, Feb. 1, 2011

Students leave classroom for Peace Corps, UAF Sun Star, Feb. 24, 2010, by Jeremia Schrock

Ben's PC Honduras Adventure, by Benjamin Rance

No comments: